Tuesday 30 January 2007

Amalgamation

The amalgamation of our school with the infants took another step forwards today. I, our Head, the Infants' ICT Co-ordinator and the Infants' Head met with people from the County's ICT department to discuss ICT implications for the amalgamation.

It sounds like there will need to be some work to be done, and it all seems fairly straightforward. Not much can be done, however, until we know who the new Head will be, where the admin offices will be and what the name of the new school will be. Very complicated!

One thing that was agreed was that we will continue to use a company called Red Top IT for our ICT support and maintenance. I defy anyone to come up with a better, more friendly, more flexible service that the one that they provide.

2 comments:

  1. Claire Huntington13 February 2007 at 12:08

    Good luck with your schools amalgamation. Our school did the same thing last year. We had a new logo, new school name (although not changed too much) and we had an opening ceremony with local celebrity.
    It's a tough change as we never really linked ourselves with the Infant building. Headteacher wise, the Junior headteacher now is headteacher of the amalgamated school.
    I wish you lots of luck, I know how much hard work goes into the smooth change.

    Claire (also a Y6 teacher)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much for the support, Claire.
    I am looking forward to amalgamation, but I'm not at the same time. I would be happier if I knew what will happen about the Deputy job...

    ReplyDelete