Friday 1 October 2010

Monthly Review October 2010

It's been a breathtaking month all in all! My feet have hardly touched the ground. My biggest news this month is that my wife is pregnant and that I am going to be a dad in April!!

Review:
Personal:

  • Complete my 10K run - I managed to finish a whole minute faster than last year in 63 minutes! I was very pleased with myself! (One of my past pupils finished 3rd in 36 minutes.)

  • Play squash - Unfortunately I haven't achieved this target. My friend has been unavailable and, to be honest, I've been incredibly busy. Dammit.

  • Finish painting the front of the house - I was doing so well with this but then it has rained most weekend meaning that I still have window frames left to do. I really want to do this before the winter.

'Professional':

  • Enjoy teaching a whole month in Year Three - I've been so busy. I really have enjoyed it, but it has just been an intense start to the year. I haven't found the change easy, but I'm beginning to get into the swing of things.

  • Update the school website for my new year group - The page isn't finished but the children are using the blogs and forums so I am pleased with this.

  • Formulate a progression of the ICT on the school and put together a software map - I have been able to do this. Over the next few weeks I'll be introducing some new ideas to the staff when I try to implement the Lancashire Progression to try to develop standards further.

New Targets:

Personal:
  • Play squash.

  • Finish painting the windows of the house.

  • Finish sorting my iTunes (editing the song information).


Professional:
  • Introduce the new ICT progression.

  • Performance management reviews.

  • Sort out my office!

No comments:

Post a Comment