Friday 14 January 2011

Communication




Another great quote from this fantastic book:
Messages should be simple and positive. They should focus on what we want to happen rather than what we don't want. "Get the communication right and the results will follow."
Through learning about leadership over the last few years I have witnessed communication being done well and being done badly, and so, for me, this message is so important. 


I've seen first hand how morale can be damaged if policies, protocols and beliefs are not communicated clearly. The importance of communicating what you want to happen from the very beginning, and leading your team in the right direction, is crucial to building a happy and successful team.


I aspire to be a leader who actively communicates positively with my team and all stakeholders.

No comments:

Post a Comment