Saturday 1 January 2011

Monthly Review December 2010

As the new year begins, I plan to make sure I do write these reviews every month.

The last month of 2010 was, as I'm sure it was for everyone else too, extremely busy. It's almost a relief when it's all over!

Christmas Play
During December my colleagues and I helped to organise our Christmas play for Years Two and Three pupils. This was the first play I have been involved in as a Year Three teacher. We performed a play called The Xmas Factor by Sheila Wilson. It was a terrific experience and I was so proud of the children who gave a first class performance. In total they performed six times, four times for parents and two shows for the other pupils in the school. It is amazing how much Christmas plays can dominate the teaching timetable. But I would argue that chuldren who are good at maths and English get to show it on a daily basis, whereas good performers only get to share their talents a few times a year, so I think it is worth it.

Rearranging House
I have spent a lot of time at home rearranging the house this month. Activities ranged from setting up Christmas decorations to swapping rooms around ready for creating a nursery for our baby. I don't think I will ever get my new office tidy.

Complaining about the weather
I am a bit of a moaning git when it comes to the weather. Put simply, I hate the cold and I despise the snow. Our estate is particularly bad when it's icy. We managed to get the gritters to agree to come round the estate but then it snowed the next morning. The other day it was as warm as 8 degress - it felt like summer!

Eating and Drinking
Oh my word! I have eaten and drunk far too much this month. I intend to run each week this year, and so hopefully I can reverse some of this damage!!

Thinking about stuff
I've been thinking a lot about the way this year has gone and deciding what I would like to do in 2011. I hope next year is all I hope it will be.

Reading
An early new year's resolution was to read more books. Since I made my decision I have read at least one chapter of a book every day. I hope I can keep this up all year. I have also joined Good Reads to share my books. Most of my books are now in boxes ready to display on the bookshelf in my new office, but I have kept out the new books I have received over Christmas so I have no excuse to continue to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment