Thursday 1 November 2012

Monthly Review: October 2012

This has been an extremely quiet month for me. I've been off work for most of it recovering from a knee operation. There have been lots of mention-worthy moments though.

NPQH
The beginning and end of the month was all about the NPQH. At the start of the month I had my Gateway Day at CEL in Manchester. This was an interesting but challenging day. Whilst I doubted myself a bit as I waited for the decision about whether I was successful, I was confident that I could not have done more. During the last couple of days of the month I received confirmation that I have been successful and I am on the NPQH. I will be taking a place at Edge Hill who will deliver the professional development course. Working towards achieving the NPQH is the next step in applying for headship. I hope to start looking in 2013.

Holiday
We had a lovely few days holidaying in Porthmadog. Despite hobbling around on crutches, we were able to visit Caernarfon, Beaumaris and a few other places. As I've not been able to drive, I was proud of my wife who drove the furthest distance she ever has during that weekend!

Michael McIntyre
We finally were able to use the tickets I was given for my birthday in January to go to see Michael McIntyre at the Manchester Arena. He was brilliant!

Catching up
I've used my time off work to catch up on lots of jobs that have been hanging around for some time. It's quite satisfying to be able to get on with some work whilst watching Sky Movies 007.

Knee Operation
As already mentioned, I had a knee operation earlier this month to reconstruct my anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) which I tore 18 months earlier when playing football. My knee hasn't been right since and I was keen to get it corrected. Frustratingly I've been off work for quite a while. My knee is getting there but there's lots more physio, exercises and building strength ahead of me. Here is a picture of my reconstructed ligament:

No comments:

Post a Comment