Sunday 22 April 2012

Week 17: Your career plan

I've always wanted to be a teacher - even before I went to school apparently I used to teach things to my little brothers. My work experiences and education experiences have always been geared towards becoming a teacher. It is actually a slight regret of mine that I didn't try something else first. Just to try it!

I graduated as a teacher in 2001. In 2006 I was given the position of Acting Deputy Head Teacher during the final year before our school amalgamated with another school. Once our schools amalgamated in 2007 I was given the job of Deputy Head Teacher and that's where I've been ever since.

I completed my Leadership Pathways in 2010 and intend to apply for the NPQH later this year.

I would love to be a Head Teacher and I feel that next year might be the year to start looking.

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment