Thursday 6 September 2012

Electrical Gremlins

I feel bad!
A new teacher in school has only been back a week and she has already had problems with her laptop. The power pack failed. "Not again!" I thought. This would be the third teacher in a row to be a nightmare with technology! In the last three years the two teachers in the room beforehand had got through two laptops, had a warranty repair and two new chargers. I've given them regular jibes about causing trouble for my ICT budget!

Suddenly it occurred to me - maybe the teachers weren't the problem. Maybe there was an electrical fault! It seemed too much of a coincidence that all three teachers were doing something wrong!

Sure enough, when the electrician checked today he discovered a faulty wire in a socket that was causing spikes in electricity and damaging laptops!

Oops! I've got a couple of apologies to make!

Here's a picture of the faulty socket:

No comments:

Post a Comment