Saturday 1 September 2012

Monthly Review: August 2012

Days out
We've had some lovely days out with the family this month. Some of the highlights were visiting:

  • Conwy (A place I've loved since a child, after spending two holidays there. Over the years the place seemed to decline, but I think it's enjoyed a resurgence. It's back to its best!)
  • Llandudno (Always a great day out!)
  • Blackbrook Zoo (Our little girl loved looking at the animals!)
  • Prestatyn (Building sandcastles)
  • Dream (I have always wanted to go to see the Dream Scultpture which can be seen from the M62. It's worth going to visit.)
  • Liverpool (Shopping!)
Ikea
Due to having too many passengers on one visit, and faulty items on another, I made three trips to Ikea in five days! I enjoy going to Ikea but can never understand how I manage to spend so much money on things I didn't know I needed.

Weddings
We went to two weddings this summer - our third and fourth of the year. Lovely days!

Camping
We went for our first (and possibly last) camping trip as a family. Although the camp site was nice, the trip was a bit of a disaster due to the weather! Our little girl hated being in the tent, from the beginning. It didn't help when the wind caught it and lifted it up, just after going into it for the first time. The evenings and nights were not good at all. The days were nice though and we visited Barmouth, Harlech and Porthmadog.

Classroom Prep
This was the first time in three years that I've not moved classrooms or moved year groups. It was quite a relief to not have as much classroom preparation to do this summer.

Catching up
I've caught up with so many things this summer, but I neglected to do the things I needed to do for the new year. This meant the last few days of the holiday were a bit work-focused.


No comments:

Post a Comment