Friday 21 September 2012

FM Radio Presets

Now that Chris Moyles has left his Breakfast Show at BBC Radio 1, I've completely removed Radio 1 from my radio presets in my car. I like Scott Mills, and Greg James is listen-to-able. But as far as the rest of the station goes, I don't rate anyone or anything. 

A lot of criticism was made of the small number of records played by Moyles, but surely that was the whole point of the show - you didn't listen to it because of the music! I tend to only have two opportunities to listen to the radio - on my way to work, and on the way home. Whilst I will often play music from my iPhone, I tune in to the radio to listen to what the DJ has to say, not for the music.

Now I have relegated Radio 1 to a hard to find FM preset, I have started to rearrange my stations:
1 - Signal One 102.6 A local radio station with interesting DJs, and local news. (I can't listen in the mornings though, as the breakfast show presenter, Louise, is too annoying.)
2 - BBC Radio 2 88.1
3 - Capital Manchester 102
4 - BBC Radio 4 96.1
5 - BBC Radio Stoke 96.4
6 - Key 103
7 - Radio City 96.7
8 - Real Radio 105.4
9 - Rock FM 97.4
10 - Heart North West 103.4
11 - BBC Radio 1 98.9 (just to fill the 12 presets)
12 - Smooth FM 100.4 (just to fill the 12 presets)

I'm still not entirely happy with my choices though - can anyone make any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment