Monday 31 December 2012

A Review Of 2012

In all honesty, I'm glad to see the back of 2012. There have been some real highlights but there have been a couple of the most difficult moments of my life. 2013 begins for me with genuine optimism. I have this feeling that everything's going to be alright; that things will come good. And I can't wait to see what's going to happen!

Here are the things I am keen to forget:

Our miscarriage
We lost a baby this year. We remain heartbroken but we are trying to move on.

Dad
My dad spent three months in hospital in the first half of the year. He continues to recover well.

Operation
I spent five weeks off work recovering from a knee operation. I hated being off work.

Finances
Things have got no better financially. By the end of 2013 things should become easier.

Ofsted
Although our inspection was very successful, I'm glad it's all over.

But this year there have been some amazing moments:

Lily
Our daugher continues to make us feel happy every day. She constantly amazes us with all of the things she can do and say. She will be two in April.

Ofsted
Our successful inspection makes me very proud.

TV
I've watched some cracking TV this year - catching up with some old programmes like Cheers, The Wire and The Sopranos, and getting hooked on programmes like The Apprentice, Homeland and Alan Partridge.

Olympics and Jubilee
Compared to the dreadful riots in the summer before, these events made me proud to be British.

NPQH
My application for the NPQH was successful.

Holidays
We enjoyed short holidays in County Durham, Wales and Somerset. They were all wonderful. There's nothing like a holiday to recharge the batteries!

No comments:

Post a Comment