Sunday 30 December 2012

My Favourite Tunes Of 2012

There have been some great tunes in 2012. Without a doubt, my favourite is fun. featuring Janelle Monae - We Are Young. It became an instant anthem and it becomes more wonderful every time I hear it!

My list of 30 favourites, as always, reflects my completely eclectic taste in music.
In no particular order my favourite tunes are:

Olly Murs & Flo Rida - Troublemaker
It seems that each year he brings out a cracker.

Girls Aloud - Something New
Pure cheese.

Robbie Williams - Candy
A brilliantly catchy comeback tune.

Labrinth & Emeli Sande - Beneath Your Beautiful
Once I got over my issue with the spelling of your (it's because beautiful is being used as a noun, not an adjective) I quickly started to love the song.

Ne-Yo - Let Me Love You
A break from the usual tedium he releases, this is great.

Swedish House Mafia - Don't You Worry Child
Possibly their best release yet - Greyhound almost made the list though.

Taylor Swift - We Are Never Getting Back Together
Who'd have thought a Taylor Swift song would ever be so good. Amazingly catchy, this is pop at it's best. A guilty pleasure.

Of Monsters And Men - Little Talks
A really good indie tune.

Owl City & Carly Rae Jepson - Good Time
One of those songs that takes ages to escape from your head once it's there.

Paloma Faith - 30 Minute Love Affair
Talks like a baby, sings like an angel. This is great!

Gotye & Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know
I didn't get the hype around this for ages. After hearing it several thousand times this year I guess I had no choice but to like it!

Sam And The Womp - Boom Bom
The inner child in me loves this!

Public Enemy - Harder Than You Think
Although not released this year, this was used in the advert for the Paralympic Games. It is brilliant!

Karmin - Brokenhearted
This tune should have been bigger than it was as it is excellent!

Florence + The Machine - Spectrum (Say My Name) (Calvin Harris Remix)
What a remix! This is simply amazing! One of the five best tunes of the year.

Train - Drive By
Love it! Train release an amazing tune every few years. But this could be their best yet!

Rudimental & John Newman - Feel The Love
In my top five tunes of the year. This is a fantastic tune!

Nicki Minaj - Starships
In my top five tunes of the year. I love the fact that Minaj is mental. This tune sums up her randomness.

Matrix & Future bound & Luke Bingham - All I Know
Brilliant.

Jessie J - Domino
Almost as good as Price Tag.

Jason Mraz - I Won't Give Up
Another soppy tune from Jason Mraz. But I like it!

Jake Bugg - Lightning Bolt
This gets better each time I hear it.

Emeli Sande - Next To Me
Overplayed, but worthy of appearing in my list.

fun. & Janelle Monae - We Are Young
Awesome.

DJ Fresh & Rita Ora - Hot Right Now
In my top five tunes of the year. Oh. My. Word. This is fantasic!

David Guetta & Sia - Titanium
When I first bought this in August 2011, who'd have thought it would go on to sell nearly a million copies the following year. Brilliant!

David Guetta & Nicki Minaj - Turn Me On
I love Guetta's album. This is a great tune from two of my favourite artists of the year.

Carly Rae Jepson - Call Me Maybe
How catchy? I love the tune. I love the parodies. This is a classic.

Alex Claire - Too Close
How good?!

Gary Barlow & The Commonwealth Band - Sing
My class sang this in the summer, and it reminds me of the Jubilee Celebrations earlier in the year. For those reasons, it just edges its way into the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment