Saturday 1 December 2012

Monthly Review: November 2012

Getting started with our new school learning platform
I was given lots of support from the learning platform builder whilst I was off work. He helped me to get started with our new school website which I'm building using Google Apps. It will take lots of time but it will look great!

Returning to work
I began this month the same way as I'd spent most of the last month - off work, recovering from a knee operation. I'm beginning to get some strength back in my knee. I'm not using my crutches anymore. However, it really aches in the evening. I'm now back at work and my knee still bothers me. A couple of times I've hurt it by just 'forgetting' that I've had an operation and dashed around too quickly! It's a relief to go back to work.

Starting my NPQH
I had my my NPQH induction day in Trafford. I enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to making some good friends with colleagues on the course.

Preparing for Christmas concerts
It was strange to return to work right at the start of the silly season where we get ready for Christmas plays! 

Ofsted
I'd managed about a week and a half back in school when we had the phone call for our Ofsted inspection. They phoned on a Monday at 12.30pm and came in for the next two days. I found it particularly stressful, mainly because I didn't feel like I had found my feet after being off work for so long. The lesson they observed went ok! The inspection went superbly. We had a thorough and rigorous team but they were very approachable. We were graded as Outstanding which made me unbelievably proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment