Sunday 1 January 2012

Monthly Review: December 2011


December has been busy for me, just the same as any other teacher. Christmas is one of my favourite times of the year, although it can be quite stressful. So much takes place that it is nice to get back to 'normal' (if there is ever such a thing) in the new year. Here is what I've been doing:


Christmas Concert
This year we performed Scrooge - a classic Christmas tale if ever there was one. We have a concert for children in Years 4 to 6, with the children in Y6 taking the acting roles and children in Y4 and Y5 performing dances to the songs. After nine years in Year Six, it was strange to 'only' be involved in putting together dances. In the end, though, I did lots of other things too - helping with some of the acting, the technical stuff (sound and lighting), the programme and other things I've forgotten about. I really enjoyed it and many parents commented that this year's play was the best one ever!


Christmas Events
Other school events included our Christmas parties and our traditional carol service in church which I work with Year Six pupils to put together.


Treating ourselves to a new TV
We've had a gigantic box of a TV for the last seven years. We've been desperate for it to 'go wrong' so we could get a new one. In the end we decided to treat ourselves. We found a good deal and bought a huge TV! It will help for when we are watching films. This year has been prolific to say the least for our film watching. I've kept a list on my phone for the year, and we've watched over 140 films in 2011!


Enjoying our first Christmas as a family
It was wonderful to spent our first Christmas with our baby. Lily loved the whole day, without ever understanding what the fuss was about. We could have saved lots of money and bought her a roll of wrapping paper and gift bows as that's pretty much what she played with on the day!! With the aid of some of her toys (like the baby walker) she has started to take her first few steps! With a baby in the house, we didn't have our usual New Year's Eve party, and so for the first time in nine years no one came round. For the first time ever I stayed in to bring in the new year! But our baby makes it all worth it!


Eating
I've pretty much eaten and drank my way through this entire month. I need to do more exercise in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment