Sunday 1 January 2012

Week 1: Introduce yourself

I'm a Deputy Head Teacher in a school in Cheshire. I've been teaching since 2001. I love my job (most of the time). I can't imagine doing anything except teaching. My ambition is to become a head teacher within the next five years.

I currently teach in Year Four. Last year I worked in Year Three and I taught in Year Six for nine years prior to that. I teach for 60% of the week, with 10% PPA and 30% time for management duties. Due to my timetable, I teach Maths, English and ICT only this year.

I am a Deputy Head and I am responsible for KS2. My role is incredibly varied and every day is different to the one before it.

I am the ICT Co-ordinator for the school. This year I plan to put together a new school curriculum for the subject.

I am married to my wife of nearly two years. I became a dad in April and it has changed my life (for the better)! We have a cat. I like to play football and run (when I haven't got a knee injury). I love to use computers. My iPhone is the best gadget I've ever owned. I am 33 later this week. I think Lost was the best programme ever and I love The Apprentice. My favourite film ever is Bad Boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment