Friday 27 January 2012

Zzzzzzzzzz...

Since our baby arrived back in April, I've quickly begun to see the importance of sleep. It's not that I never knew it before. It's just that seeing the difference a few minutes' snoozing can make to a baby is fascinating to watch.


It's amazing to watch our baby get herself upset and worked up seemingly for no reason. Then she goes to sleep, sometimes for just a few minutes, and then she wakes up happy and smiling! Powernapping seems to be the way forward then!

It's helped me to understand why children can sometimes underperform in class. If they've not had enough sleep their body and brain can't cope. I wonder if schools should have a nap room!


I'm more guilty than most people for not getting enough sleep. One of my new year's resolutions was to go to bed at 11. It's proving to be impossible. It's more like 11.30 each night. I set my alarm for 6 each morning but I'm struggling to get up and the snooze button is both the best and worst invention ever. I realise that many people get far less sleep than I do and cope just fine. But personally, I'm finding that I need at least seven hours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment