Monday 6 February 2012

NanoTasks


I signed up for free beta access to Nanotasker. It sounds ideal for helping me to manage various projects. Whilst I'm waiting for the site to fully open, I'm loving the productivity tips that they are sending me each week:

"What are NanoTasks?NanoTasks are when a task is broken down into the smallest tasks or steps possible and can’t be broken down further. For instance you may need to create a new training guide for your office. You can break it down to the following tasks are involved, “research best practices, write first draft, have Person X review it, edit draft, have 20 copies printed.” Those can then be broken down such as with “Research best practices” which can become “Google general practices for understanding, find 4 experts to contact about it, call person 1, call person 2, call person 3….”  The task “Call Person 1” can be considered a NanoTask as it’s an action that can be accomplished on it’s own.

Actions

Actions
  • Think big picture steps on how to accomplish your task with high level broad steps.
  • Then look at those steps and break them down further into smaller steps.
  • Do this until each step is a small actionable item that is no longer feels overwhelming in nature on it’s own.

Thought To move a mountain you must do it one stone at a time."




I love this approach to project planning and I intend to break down all of my projects in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment