Sunday 26 February 2012

Week 9: Your Favourite ICT Tool





My absolute favourite ICT tool is Dropbox!

I'm sure that most people who read this blog will be aware of this excellent file syncing tool, but just in case anyone who isn't, the best place to look is here: https://www.dropbox.com/tour.

The idea of Dropbox is that a folder is created on your computer. Anything placed inside this folder is automatically synced online so that you can access it via the website. The brilliant thing is that if you download the software on another computer, that same folder appears with everything synced inside it. You can also access the documents using an app for smartphones.

I used to take my laptop home with me from school each day. Thanks to Dropbox I haven't done this for ages as everything I do at home is saved in my Dropbox folder and I can use it in school, and vice versa.

If you use this link you can get an extra 500MB if you join Dropbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment