Friday 1 June 2012

Monthly Review: May 2012

May has been hectic. I guess it hasn't been my most productive month, but there's been a lot to keep me busy.

Working on the SEF
My head and I have been busy writing a new SEF, evaluating the school in its current position. I find writing the SEF a rewarding experience. It means you get to sing the school's praises as well as identifying areas that we could do better in. It's always better to be aware of areas for development before anyone tells you!

Google Apps
I've made a decision that we will move away from our Uniservity learning platform and go to Google Apps for Education. We are using the services of Mark at Ed In The Clouds. I must write about the decision soon.

Bank Holiday
Normally I'm not keen on bank holidays. Everywhere is so busy and, as they usually fall during school holidays, I don't necessarily benefit from them. I love the May Day bank holiday though - this feels like a bonus day! We went into Wales to explore Bangor (not much there) before going to the festival at Rhos-on-Sea in the rain.

Football
Every other year we hold a Euro/World Cup football competition. We have an infant competition first. We had 20 teams of 7 take part which means 140 out of 180 children wanted to give it a go! The final was amazing as the whole school came out to watch and cheer on all of the players. Next it was time for the junior competition to begin with 182 out of 240 taking part! We finished the half-term at the end of the group stage. That's been my lunchtime taken care of for the last month!

No comments:

Post a Comment